Menu

Word timing synchronization

Help
2014-09-05
2014-09-06
  • Alfonso Buendía

Hello,

I don't know if this is possible to do with Sphinx, but it looks feasible (from a non expert point of view).

I have a set of speech audio files (clean, recorded in studio), and I also have available the transcription of those audios, in txt format.

What I'd like to do is use Sphinx to know what exact time (hh:mm:ss.cc) of every word in transcription. I guess that, as we only should check for a limited amount of words, we can get a high accuracy, but honestly, I have no remote idea on where should I start.

Can anyone point me in a good direction ?

Regards,
    Albuendi

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

It depends on the amount of text you want to syncronize. If it's a short sentence, we have forced alignment mode. If it's dozen of minutes, we have the following tool:

http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/2014/07/long-audio-aligner-landed-in-trunk/

You need to checkout latest pocketsphinx to use it. Let me know if you have issues.

• Alfonso Buendía

Thank you very much Nickolay !

I was looking for this months ago, but could find nothing. I see now that announcement date is July 27th, so I didn't se in my first investigations, sorry about that.

Great thing, as announcement says.. I'll use this for subtitle synchronization, so it's perfect for our use case !

Regards,

Last edit: Alfonso Buendía 2014-09-06
    • Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Ok, let me know how it works.