Menu

Public Release of the OpenDial Toolkit

2014-02-03
2017-01-25
  • Nickolay V. Shmyrev

It is not easy to build an intelligent software, the cooperation on all the levels of the speech processing needs to be tight. For example, you should not only recognize the input but also understand it and, more importantly, respond to it. You need to give your software an ability to understand the current situation, correct the results and respond intelligently. A great piece of software to assist you with that has been recently release.

OpenDial is a Java-based software toolkit that can be used to develop robust and adaptive dialogue systems for various domains. Dialogue understanding, management and generation models are expressed in OpenDial through probabilistic rules encoded in a simple XML format.

You can find more information about the toolkit on the project website:

http://opendial.googlecode.com

The current release contains a completely refactored code base, a large set of unit tests and a full-fledged graphical interface. You can also find on the website practical examples of dialogue domains and a step-by-step documentation on how to use the toolkit.

Try it!

• mondhs

mondhs - 2014-03-11

Hi,

Not sure if it is the forum to ask.

I had quick look at your recommendation and I have say to really nice words on modeling side of dialog. But I could not find any reference on how this model could be used in runtime. Is it possible add additional wiki page by author on how integrate dialog model to some java project. Code samples it would be more than perfect.

I looking for dialog management library for my mini chatbot project: http://mondhs.github.io/en/2014/03/08/en-bot-dialog-system/. Currently it is on Python, I want to rewrite it on java.

Last edit: mondhs 2014-03-11
  • Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Dear mondhs, you are welcome to contact the author by mail. I doubt he is reading your message here.