MonoDevelop

Help
Anonymous
2011-02-28
2015-10-26
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-02-28

Hi Folks,
    has anyone successfully used the PDF Clown library in a MonoDevelop project? If so, can you tell me how to reference the library in another project? Is it possible to reference the (I'm assuming Windows) dll file that comes with the package?
    Thanks for any directions!
    Thilo

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-02-28

OK! I figured out how to reference the library. It's possible to use the DLL file that comes along with the package. FYI: Go to the "References" folder of your solution in MonoDevelop and right-click. Then select "Edit references" and go to the tab ".NET Assembly". There you can browse for and select the PDFClown.dll. Now you can use the library in your project :)

• Stefano Chizzolini

Hi Thilo,

well done! :-)
    Stefano

• Andrea M.F.

Andrea M.F. - 2015-10-22

I'm using Xamarin and i have try to add "PDFClown.dll" reference to my android Xamarin project but
    the reference warning me and don't compile. Why?
    I have also tried to create a new Android Library with Xamarin and add the pdfclown sources for try to compile it, but dont found most of System.Drawing and Graphics class...

Thanks

• Andrea M.F.

Andrea M.F. - 2015-10-26

I can add the reference on a Xamarin/Mono project but during the compilation :
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?

Have any idea?

From XAMARIN i have found this

System.Drawing.DLL is not part of the assemblies shipped with Xamarin.Android

PDF not work with mono... but i have read about a sort of compatibility...!=!==!?!?

Last edit: Andrea M.F. 2015-10-26
  • Andrea M.F.

Andrea M.F. - 2015-10-26

Another solution it will be :
    make a xamarin : android java binding and link the pdfclown jar?

In my test doesn't work....

Have someone any ideas?

Last edit: Andrea M.F. 2015-10-26