Menu

VLC UPnP WinXP - no Root

Help
DPF
2006-01-13
2013-04-29
  • DPF

DPF - 2006-01-13

I installed VLC 0.7.1, and I installed your UPnP patch. 
    I'm using TVersity as my Media Server loaded on a Windows XP box, GeexBox as a bootable Linux distro for a Media Renderer, and I'm trying to use VLC as a Media Renderer under Windows.

I open VLC, open Network Stream, go to the UPNP tab, and see the TVersity Media Server, but I do not see a Root directory or the other directories I see When using the GeexBox client.

Any ideas for a Noob to try?  Thanks!

• Satoshi Konno

Satoshi Konno - 2006-01-27

VLC term merged the patch as the service discovery plugin, and the patch is distributed with VLC recently.

I checked to compile using the latest version using the SVN server this week. Please the following my blog if you want :-)

http://www.cybergarage.org/blog/skonnoblog.html

• DPF

DPF - 2006-01-31

Do you know which version for Windows may have it compiled in?  I know it's compiled into the recent Linux version, but don't see a Windows version with it compiled in.  Thank you for your thoughts on your blog.  I had visited previously, and am sure will visit again.

• Satoshi Konno

Satoshi Konno - 2006-02-01

Hi,

I tried to compile the upnp module on WindowsXP today, but I could not recognize the module normally.

Plase check the following URL in more detal.

http://www.cybergarage.org/blog/skonnoblog.html

I will check why the VLC could not recognize the module.

• Christian Henz

Christian Henz - 2006-02-02

I also sometimes had plugins not show up in VLC. In my case it was usually some missing symbols when loading the plugin. "vlc --verbose=2" usually showed the info on what is missing (like symbols from libstdc++)...

• Christian Henz

Christian Henz - 2006-02-02

By the way: As of today, there are two UPnP plugins in VLC, and the plugin using CyberLink has been renamed from upnp to upnp_cc. (The other one is upnp_intel)

cheers,
        Christian