Menu

help in version Linux

Help
rafa
2007-02-09
2013-03-18
  • rafa

rafa - 2007-02-09

Hello friends, I like to configure classicladder.
    In the program is one tab "config" in hear as type of device "DirectPortAcess" and addres of input and output, my parport is 0x378.
    I dont execute my program, "leds no on" im my protoboard. You can help-me?

• Marc Le Douarain

To be able to access directly to the i/o ports addresses, the classicladder program must be launched as root, from a terminal:
      su
      then ./classicladder your_project_name
      -or-
      sudo ./classicladder your_project_name

Else you will have an error message if io access not possible... but only visible if the program has been launched from a terminal ! (too bad...)

Bye, bye.

• rafa

rafa - 2007-03-12

Friend, i need run classiladder witt normal user (no root), what i do it?

• Marc Le Douarain

It will not be possible to use the "DirectPortAccess" mode to read/write an i/o address, without being root !
        Using the comedi drivers would be a possibility, but it's quite well a challenge to install it on Linux... not really easy for a newbee. But it's the solution for now with the current classicladder version.

Else, a parallel port acess (using the driver) should be developped for a clean read/write as a normal user... (I don't know the amount of work it is, perhaps not too much...?)

What the problem with being root ? ;-)

Bye.

Marc 'MaVaTi' Le Douarain.

• rafa

rafa - 2007-03-26

Hello friend Mavatti, thanks for all. I like to know if is possible to acquire dates of Classicladder to Lintouch (one program for supervisory, SCADA).

• Marc Le Douarain

I've replyed to your question in the "open discussion" forum, then "modbus RTU" topic, with subject "Modbus server for SCADA connection"...
      Please next time preferably create a new topic with a clear subject of the problem.
      Hope it helps.

MaVaTi.