Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

Where is ClassBuilder 2.7 ???

2007-01-17
2013-04-17
  • Jorgen Bodde

Jorgen Bodde - 2007-01-17

Hi Guys,

I am a bit puzzled, yesterday I downloaded ClassBuilder 2.7 at work (by the way I am very glad you guys are still actively developing it) and when I came home, I could for the life of me not find a link that points to ClassBuilder 2.7! Now that I am searching, I could not find it either.

Is this release witdrawn? All I see is the 2.6 release from oktober 2006, which does not seem to work because it complains about some internal error or mis configuration on my XP machine.

By the way, are there still plans to port ClassBuilder to Linux using wxWidgets? Now that a new XML format is being developed, it might become more feasable.

- Jorgen

• John van der Kist

Hi Jorgen,

As you may have seen by now, version 2.7 was withdrawn because it can corrupt the CBD file in certain circumstances. To avoid this kind of problems in the future, we're going to invite people to join a test team.
      As for porting CB to Linux, neither Craig (busy, busy) nor I (Linux rookie) have any plans in that direction. Maybe some Linux gurus out there can take up that challenge.

Regards,

John

• Jorgen Bodde

Jorgen Bodde - 2007-01-17

Hi John

Thanks for the warning! I used 2.5 at home, I will continue using that version because I know it is stable. I hope the XML save / load will become the standard. It might be slower, but it is much mor reliable for your data. Also, I can use CB for the design and attempt to generate other code then C++ from the XML model e.g. a python skeleton etc.

As for linux porting, I have some experience with wxWidgets (I run a forum at http://wxforum.shadonet.com\) and I know there was a time a parser was created to parse whole of wxWidgets as CBD model. I don't think that is the proper approach. Maybe wrapping classes should be created to port it. But indeed. We are all busy unfortunately. CB runs almost fine under Wine, although some edit controls behave strange I was able to generate code.

Regards,
        - Jorgen