Menu

Issue after logging out with Nightly

Help
2016-12-30
2017-01-09
  • Kenneth J. Nelan

Hello;

I realize I've not been on in a long time, but I recently downloaded a nightly to test on Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu Server) with PHP7.0. This was a fresh install to a new database. It installed perfectly and loaded the install.sql database without problems. I was able to login, change the password and look around for a very long time - everything looks great; was sad there isn't a sacrament registry, but that's easy enough to configure through other settings.

However, when I logged out I received the following on website.something/membership/Default.php?Logoff=True:

Cannot execute query.

UPDATE user_usr SET usr_showPledges = 0, usr_showPayments = 0, usr_showSince = '0000-00-00', usr_defaultFY = '21', usr_currentDeposit = '0', usr_SearchFamily = '0' WHERE usr_per_ID = 1

Incorrect date value: '0000-00-00' for column 'usr_showSince' at row 1

Then, when I tried to log back in I was able to get to the login screen, entered my info and received:

mysql error while upgrading database:
    Duplicate column name 'plg_DateCleared'

You are seeing this message because you have encountered a software bug.
    Please post to the ChurchInfo help forum for assistance. The complete query is shown below.

ALTER TABLE pledge_plg ADD plg_DateCleared text NULL

ChurchInfo mysql Version = 1.2.14
    ChurchInfo PHP Version = 1.3.0

Now - the wierd part is that I could go back a couple pages (back arrow) and I was back in the program and able to continue as if I hadn't logged out.

Could be that I'm the only one having this issue, but as I said, this was a fresh install to a new database...
    Just curious if it's a bug or if I've configured something incorrectly.

Thanks much for such a great program, I've really loved using the last version and look forward to the updates.

Kenn

• Michael Wilt

Michael Wilt - 2017-01-03

I just fixed an issue with the latest version that was causing this error. Please try starting from the latest .tar.gz file on our web site.

Mike

Michael Wilt
    ChurchInfo Team Leader

• Kenneth J. Nelan

Sorry to take so long for a response - I did try a new fresh install with the latest (as of jan 9, 2017) - with a fresh install.sql, and got the following after logging out:

Cannot execute query.

UPDATE user_usr SET usr_showPledges = 0, usr_showPayments = 0, usr_showSince = '0000-00-00', usr_defaultFY = '22', usr_currentDeposit = '0', usr_SearchFamily = '0' WHERE usr_per_ID = 1

Incorrect date value: '0000-00-00' for column 'usr_showSince' at row 1

I hit the back button a couple times and was logged back in and running through the menus.

I then logged out, closed the window, and opened a new instance. When I logged in I received the following:

mysql error while upgrading database:
    Duplicate column name 'plg_DateCleared'

You are seeing this message because you have encountered a software bug.
    Please post to the ChurchInfo help forum for assistance. The complete query is shown below.

ALTER TABLE pledge_plg ADD plg_DateCleared text NULL

ChurchInfo mysql Version = 1.2.14
    ChurchInfo PHP Version = 1.3.0

-- fresh install with installing install.sql.

Was the first time I saw that.

I'll try again tomorrow - maybe its something on my end as I recently updated to PHP7 from 5 - so... I will look around and see if I"m missing something on my end.

Thanks again for a great product.

• Kenneth J. Nelan

I'm also not able to log back in now because I closed the original instance - so I'll have to do another fresh install to get back in - tomorrow. :)

• Michael Wilt

Michael Wilt - 2017-01-09

The nightly build also makes a demo installation that is fresh every night. I don't see any issues logging in and out of that installation. It is running on php 5.6. I have also tested with php 7 but not every day.

Mike

Michael Wilt
    ChurchInfo Team Leader

• Kenneth J. Nelan

I just flushed cache's in mysql and my browser, and did a completely fresh install - no issues. Michael, you rock! Will keep looking around, but so far it looks good.

You've an incredible program here and I, for one, am incredibly thankful!!!!

Ken