Chrom
2009-11-28
2013-04-29
  • Chrom

Chrom - 2009-11-28

Hi all,

I've updated checkgmail to the latest version as of today (28/11/2009) with

/usr/bin/checkgmail -update

But still when I left click on the icon Firefox opens (or opens a new tab) and takes me to the login page of gmail (with the username already set). This was not the usual behaviour, as I don't wanna login everytime I left click checkgmail.

So I tried the -no-login option, and it works oddly in my opinion. On the first time I click the checkgmail icon it just brings me to the gmail login page (without username or password preset), so I have to manually login. At this stage, if I don't close firefox, and left click again checkgmail, it logs me in without needing to enter user/pass into gmail. If I close the browser, upon left clicking checkgmail, I'm sent back to the login screen.

I find this quite unwanted because if I have to keep the browser open to autologin, then there's no real difference in using checkgmail or any other Firefox extension that checks gmail accounts.

Is it a cookie problem? Can the old, always logged in, behaviour be restoerd?

Thanks a lot for the support!

Mauro

• Chrom

Chrom - 2009-12-06

Hello,

no one interested in this "bug"? Am I the only one wih this problem?

Thanks

MG

• didli

didli - 2010-06-10

You're not the only one, and it's been 6 months since I got the problem too.