I am trying to use the Cybergate MediaServer (Java version) and access it by from Windows Media Player through the On2Share plugin.
Unfortunately device discovery seems to fail and the MediaServer is not recognized by the Media Player.
I did some testing and debugging by means of the Intel UPNP Sniffer and compared to the Inter AV MediaServer. When comparing the UPNP packages, I did not see any significant differences between Cybergate and the Intel AV Server (which work correctly).
Adjusting the minor differences did not help either. So I am now somewhat stuck.
Do you have any idea, how to identify the reason of this 'incompatibility' and eventually fix it.
Or do you know any other Software based UPNP clients, compatible with Cybergate?
Thanks a lot for your feedback
I dont know how relevant this may be. Some time ago I was implementing an UPnP Internet Gateway Device using clink. Then I had a similar problem everything appeared to be working ok but Windows XP did not show the device in the 2 places that it should show it. Then I discovered that my XML file was buggy and one of services that are mandatory in the UPnP IGD spec was missing. Actually it wasnt missing but due to invalid nesting in XML it was dropped. Furthermore it was important to have all info tags filled in both at the device and service level, in some cases even those that appeared as optional in the spec.
One could only whish that Windows XP would have an UPnP log that could be switched on that would be helpful when developing new devices. The log could then say that it saw device xxx but it was rejected due this or that.
Another thing - watch out for tab characters!
I could see the media server using CyberMediaGate for C++ and MythTV last year.
However the latest or CyberMediaGate for Java have any problems. I will check the problem, please wait for a while.
Log in to post a comment.