Menu

Java Cyberlink to Intel C# communication

2006-02-12
2013-05-02
  • Corey Brothers

Corey Brothers - 2006-02-12

Hello,

I am trying to get a CyberLink Device i have created to be able to communicate with an Intel C# ControlPoint.  I have tried almost everything I can think of, although I am a real newbie when it comes to Java.  Any help or insight someone can give is very much apreciated.  Thanks for looking.

Corey

• Stefano Lenzi

Stefano Lenzi - 2006-02-12

Hi Corey,
         you should give us more information about what you're trying to do and what is failing.
         What I can tell you now is that UPnP Device created uppon CyberLink Stack are visible from Intel  Tool. I know that for experience ;-)

Ciao,
      Stefano

• Corey Brothers

Corey Brothers - 2006-02-13

All I am trying to do right now is to get the control point to recognize the device and add it.  Right now the cyberlink device can't be seen from the intel Device Spy, but I can see it from the Siemns AG Generic Control Point. 

I first start the control point then the device.  Ive tried many things as the filter the full device name, partial names, and just all root devices.  When I do all the root devices it does pick up my router, but I don't see the cyberlink device with that, which makes me think I may have something messed up in my XML or something in the device code.

I've been using this guys code (http://jan.netcomp.monash.edu.au/internetdevices/upnp/upnp-more-programming.html)
        as a template for this.

Thanks for the help Stefano,
        Corey

• Stefano Lenzi

Stefano Lenzi - 2006-02-13

Hi Corey,
          I think to know the reason. I've just looked at the URL that you have given to me, and I saw that they use CyberLink 1.3.2a that's a very old version of CyberLink.

You should try to run the code with latest version of CyberLink code and I think that all the stuff will work.

Bye the way, the main reason for trouble like yours is a problem with the implementation of the UPnP Stack not on the user application.

Ciao,
          Stefano

• Corey Brothers

Corey Brothers - 2006-02-13

I am using the 1.7 version of the stack, I was only using that as a template on the setup.  There is probably no way to fix something in the Intel stack, which may be where the issue lies unfourtunatly.

Corey

• Stefano Lenzi

Stefano Lenzi - 2006-02-13

MMmm... Something strange is going on...
        As far as I know Intel Tool are not bugged, those are also used for testing compatibility of other UPnP Stack.
        Also I know for sure that Intel Device Spy and Intel Control Point are able to find CyberLink Device.

So something that's going wrong is hidding to use. Let's try to discover it:

1 - Can you make a bug request a attach to the request a file with XML that discribe your device

2 - Can attach alsto a file with Ethereal dump of the traffic

3 - Can you post the code that you're using or attach a archive of you're project?

Ciao,
        Stefano

P.S.: The right link that you're using as template is http://jan.netcomp.monash.edu.au/internetdevices/upnp/upnp-more-programming.html

• Satoshi Konno

Satoshi Konno - 2006-02-14

Hi Corey and Stefano,

Using latest cvs version, I can find the sample
        UPnP clock device normally
        using Intel Device Spy in Intel_Tools_4UT_v1768.exe.

May I build the packagade from the current cvs for your testing ?

• Corey Brothers

Corey Brothers - 2006-02-14

Stefano - I have posted a bug report and am in the process of uploading the files.

Satoshi - I have the sample you are talking about, I can run it in eclipse and also see it in the Intel Device Spy.

Thanks,
      Corey

• Corey Brothers

Corey Brothers - 2006-02-16

Thanks for your help in this matter.  It seems that something with Intel or CyberLink requires an icon to work properly.  Since CyberLink doesn't throw an error without one, I assume its on Intel's side.  My device description did not have an icon and as soon as I put it in it came up on device spy.

Corey