Creating new CD+G?

Help
2010-01-11
2013-04-15
  • I know this is technically off-topic, but it took me forever just to find that cdgtools exists, and I figured y'all would know the answer to this question.

Are there any tools for creating new CD+G under Linux?  I guess I'd want a "text2cdg" to correspond to the existing "cdg2text", or something that converts MIDI files with lyrics into CD+G text, or…I don't know, a full-blown GUI editor?  I'm trying to author my own karaoke tracks.

I found the cdg123 project here on SourceForge, but it doesn't appear to have been changed in 5 years.

Thanks in advance for any info!

• Kelvin Lawson
    Kelvin Lawson
    2010-01-11

Hi,

It is not something that cdgtools supports today, but it is definitely something that I'd eventually like to have within the project.

The other potential option is a proprietary format one of the PyKaraoke users contacted me about recently. They were creating songs using a subtitle editor, and wrote a player module to plug in to PyKaraoke for playback. I haven't heard back from them regarding submitting it to the PyKaraoke project, however.

For the time being, however, I can only suggest using a Windows application under Wine or a VM.

• I found a project here on SourceForge called karlyriceditor, which purports to be a GUI editor.  I'll look into it myself soon.