#1 A Potential Bug of Gabor Feature Extraction in Lire 0.8

open
nobody
None
8
2011-05-04
2011-05-04
Arthur Lin
No

I have used the excellent Lire 0.8 for research experiments, especially for image feature extraction. Today, I found that the implementation of Gabor in Lire 0.8 may have a bug. Specifically, in function "getFeature(BufferedImage image) " of "Gabor.java" (package: "net.semanticmetadata.lire.imageanalysis"), the following codes may be wrong.

for (int m = 0; m < M; m++) {
for (int n = 0; n < N; n++) {
featureVector[m * N + n * 2] = magnitudes[m][n] / imageSize;
......
}
}

The sentence " featureVector[m * N + n * 2] = magnitudes[m][n] / imageSize" is supposed to be replaced with "featureVector[m * 2 * N + n * 2] = magnitudes[m][n] / imageSize". Otherwise, overwriting will happen in the loop.

Please check the potential bug carefully. Thank you very much for your outstanding work.

Discussion

  • Arthur Lin

    Arthur Lin - 2011-05-04
    • priority: 5 --> 9
     
  • Arthur Lin

    Arthur Lin - 2011-05-04
    • priority: 9 --> 8
    • summary: A Bug of Gabor Feature Extraction in Lire 0.8 --> A Potential Bug of Gabor Feature Extraction in Lire 0.8
     

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks