Architecture Documentation

Help
Pietro
2015-12-07
2015-12-15
  • Pietro

Pietro - 2015-12-07

Hi,

Do you have any docs about software architecture?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2015-12-07

Everything I have is checked in. Not really anything on architecture... it is a fairly vanilla MVC architecture, though, not much to say about it.

• Pietro

Pietro - 2015-12-11

Ok.

Sorry again, what is the first release in which you introduce the possibility to develop third part plugins?

Thank a lot!

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2015-12-11

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was included as part of the architecure when designing the version 3 data files (Buddi3).

• Pietro

Pietro - 2015-12-15

Hi,

just another thing: can you give me a brief description of these elements of the model?

• TransactionSplit
    • Document
    • Source
      • Split
    • Expandable

Thanks a lot! I will share to you my final work on the project.

:)

Pietro

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2015-12-15

Hi Pietro,

-Document is the top level container which holds the other model objects.
    -Expandable is an interface which allows certain view items to expand (it probably should not be in the model, but due to how I interfaced with Swing it was required)
    -Source is the abstraction of Account and Category. Basically all transactions must have a Source as the From and To items; this allows you to have a transaction from / to either an Account or a Category.
    -Splits / TransactionSplits are used to allow people to split up transactions (e.g. if you purchase $200 at Wal-Mart, you can put $100 of that transaction against your Groceries category and $100 against your Clothing category).

Cheers