Menu

Does Buddi reconcile accounts

General
2007-01-13
2012-12-10
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Great looking application.

I can't seem to find anywhere if it will reconcile a bank account. Am I missing something?

Also, the plugin page mentions four plugins, but I only see QIF export. I was hoping there was a QIF import plugin.

thanks!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Buddi does not really reconcile accounts; it does however have a Reconciled check box (represented by R), which can be enabled in the Preferences.  You can use this checkbox to mark transactions which you have reconciled yourself.

Cheers
      --Wyatt

• Nobody/Anonymous

As far as the 4 plugins mentioned, those are actually four plugin *types*.  Internally, I actually create reports, graphs, etc as plugins (which just happen to be included in the main executable). 

Basically, there are 4 interfaces, which people can implement; so far, the only third party to take advantage of the plugin architecture created the QIF export.  I am not aware of a QIF import being worked on currently, although I think that someone is working on a CSV import.

Hope this makes sense
      --Wyatt

• Nobody/Anonymous

how do the "check" and "reconcile" boxes work / what can they do?

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2007-02-03

The C and R checkboxes (actually Cleared and Reconciled) are just flags which you can set if you want to keep track of which transactions have cleared, and which you have reconciled.  There is no logic in the program which takes advantage of this - it is only for you to keep track of.  (A potential cantidate for a plugin which takes this into account is one which shows all transactions which are not cleared, or not reconciled, etc).

Cheers