Menu

Can't open Buddi after download

General
2007-03-23
2012-12-10
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hey guys,
    I just found Buddi and am very excited about trying it out.  I'm running XP and Java 1.5 and downloaded the archive and extracted the Buddi.exe file.  I double-click on that, and after a few seconds I get the "You need to chose a data file..." message box.  I click OK, the box goes away, but then nothing happens, except a process called 'javaw.exe' fires up in the background and chews up 400+MB of RAM and basically brings my machine to a halt!

Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Try downloading the .tgz file (containing a .jar instead of a .exe), and run it from a command line using the command 'java -jar Buddi.jar -v 7'.  This will show you some debugging output, to see if there is something crashing.  If you see anything error-ish, please paste it here.

You may need to try the Development version instead of the Stable version for this to work satisfactorily; in the Stable version, I turn off much of the debug output.

Give this a shot and let me know what you see

Cheers
      --Wyatt

• Nobody/Anonymous

I just got it working here at home (the problem above is on my work laptop), so I'll just go with that.  Thanks for the prompt response Wyatt!  Looking forward to checking this out.

Scott