Menu

scheduled transaction not happening...

General
2007-01-02
2012-12-10
  • Nobody/Anonymous

My wife set up some scheduled transactions, but they have not happened.  Does anybody know what might be wrong?

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2007-01-02

Can you please give me some more details?  Specifically, I will need the following:

a) What kind of schedule is it running on (Daily, Weekly, Monthly by Date, Monthly by Day, etc)
      b) The schedule line in the Data.buddi file for the given scheduled transaction.  This will probably be at the end of the file, and should look something like this:

<scheduledTransactions amount="3000" description=.......

Please copy the entire line.

Cheers
      --Wyatt

• Nobody/Anonymous

We are trying to make monthly transactions by date.  I set this up yesterday (1-1-07) and first tried to have them post as of the first of each month.  I got the message about the system filling in any transactions that would have occurred, but it didn't work.  I then tried to set the transactions to go through on the second of each month, but I checked again today and they still haven't posted.

I have quite a number of scheduled transactions, so I only copied the data for a few of them.

<scheduledTransactions amount="1527" description="Monthly NPOs" number="" memo="" from="//@allAccounts/@accounts.0" to="//@ allAccounts/@accounts.1" startDate="2007-01-02T14:52:47.946-0600" frequencyType="MONTH" scheduleName="NPOs Budget"/>
          <scheduledTransactions amount="30000" description="Monthly Student Loan Budget" number="" memo="" from="//@ allAccounts/@accounts.0" to="//@allAccounts/@accounts.2" startDate="2007-01-02T14:53:22.571-0600" frequencyType="MONTH" scheduleName="Student Loan Budget"/>
          <scheduledTransactions amount="2000" description="Monthly Clothing Budget" number="" memo="" from="//@allAccounts/@accounts.0 " to="//@allAccounts/@accounts.4" startDate="2007-01-02T14:54:37.336-0600" frequencyType="MONTH" scheduleName="Clothing Budget"/>

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thank you.  I'll take a look at it ASAP.  Unfortunately, my machine is currently dead due to a hardware problem, so it may be a little while before I can look at it (I need to track down an obscure part from a 3 year old laptop - not fun!)

By the way, which version are you using?  In the development version, there was just a major overhaul of scheduled transactions - try that one if you are currently using the Stable version.

Cheers
        --Wyatt

• Nobody/Anonymous

I sympathize, I just spent last week trying to find a power supply. :)

Ok, I'll check that.  I believe I'm using the stable version, but I'm not sure.  I'll have to check when I get home and take a look at my wife's PC.

Thanks,
      John

• Nobody/Anonymous

Buddi version 2.0.1