Menu

past transactions not showing in window

General
2007-04-23
2012-12-10
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I am trying ot set up Buddi for simple tracking of incomve and expenses for a small freelance business. I set up some accounts and entered a transaction. Nothing seemed to happen so I clicked record again. Now I can see account balances that show the item was recorded twice, but the account window is empty and there is no scrollbar on the window.

How can I see my itemized transaction list?

I am running Buddi 2.2.2 on a Mac with an up to date version of OSX.

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2007-04-23

I don't know - I cannot seem to reproduce this problem on my machine.  Perhaps you could send me the data file, and I can take a look at it, to see if I can see anything wrong with it.

Cheers

• Nobody/Anonymous

How do I send it? Could the issue be that I set up two separate data files?

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2007-04-24

You can send it to my email address listed in the Readme file.

There should be no problem with setting up two separate data files; note, of course, that you can only use one at a time.  After you are finished with one, open the other one, and you should be good.

• jholbrook

jholbrook - 2007-05-02

I got this GUI problem when testing the QIF import, it had to do with when there was null in the description field for a transaction. This doesn't seem to be possible to do in the GUI, so it might not help.

• Mike Kienenberger

Which QIF Import are you talking about?   I don't think I've committed my QIF import to a public place yet, and I don't know of another one.

Posting an exact error would probably be helpful.

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2007-05-02

MityWity released one yesterday, see (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1710888&group_id=167026&atid=890840).  I have not used it yet, so I cannot comment on much of anything at this time.  8-)

As for the error, can you send a stack trace or something more?  Without that, I can't troubleshoot where the problem is stemming from.

Cheers

• Mike Kienenberger

I took a quick look at the code.   I don't see anything immediately wrong -- it's fairly similar to mine except I create To/From based on the Payee line rather than dumping them all into two generic income and expense categories.   I'm not sure which way makes more sense.

I think mine is quite a bit farther along and easier to debug.   It should be trivial to change how the To/From values are set if using the generic categories is a requirement.

• Mike Kienenberger

mitywity,

If you want, I can email you what I've done so far.

It should be rather trivial for you to modify it to do what you want.