Menu

Starting Buddi

General
snelly44
2006-10-04
2012-12-10
  • snelly44

snelly44 - 2006-10-04

On my computer (a PC), whenever I click on the Buddi.jar file to open up the application, it instead opens in a PowerArchiver. Anyone know how to fix this?

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2006-10-04

I assume you are running Windows; if this is the case, you should just use the .exe file instead of the .jar file.  You can get this from the main Buddi page (http://buddi.sf.net), by clicking on the Download Windows link.  (You can also just go to http://buddi.sf.net/buddi.zip for the most recent version.)  Hope this helps.

--Wyatt

• snelly44

snelly44 - 2006-10-13

When I downloaded it from the Buddi website under the Downloads->Windows section, I still recieve the zip file, which wont open like a usual application. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but Im not sure how.

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2006-10-13

You should open the .zip file with whatever software you use (WinZip, PowerArchiver, etc).  Inside the .zip is a file called Buddi.exe.  Extract this file, save it to where ever you want (say, C:\Program Files\Buddi\Buddi.exe) and run it.  This should solve your problems.

I think I misunderstood your first question - I thought that the .jar file was opening in PowerArchiver.

• snelly44

snelly44 - 2006-10-18

After extracting the original Buddi-1.61.zip file, the Buddi.jar file appears. However, when I open the Buddi.jar file, it opens in PowerArchiver. I have looked around for other programs to open it with, but none that I have tried have worked out.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Version 1.6.1 is old.  Download the newest .zip file, from the link I gave you before (it should be version 1.8.0).  After extracting it, you will get an .exe file (instead of a .jar file).  This .exe can be run by double clicking on it.

--Wyatt