Importing transactions from online accounts

General
robertwinz
2014-12-21
2014-12-21
  • robertwinz

robertwinz - 2014-12-21

Hi,

I'm currently using Mint for financial tracking / budgeting, but it leaves a lot to be desired. I thought I'd look for some open-source software that I could use, so at least I could try to add features myself if they didn't exist already.

Buddi seems like a good candidate, but from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be an option to synchronize with my financial accounts automatically, in the way Mint does. I don't really want to have to enter each transaction manually, or even go and export transactions from each account and then import them.

In the 5 minutes I thought about starting to write my own software from scratch this was literally the first thing on my feature list, and yet I haven't even seen it mentioned in the forums or feature requests, and I haven't seen this in any other open-source personal finance software either.

So I'm confused - is this just not a feature that other people care about, or is it really hard to do and I should give up looking for it? (Or is the feature available I just haven't discovered it yet?)

Best Regards,
    Rob Wilson

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2014-12-21

I can only speak for myself (the author of Buddi), but I prefer entering transactions manually. There are not that many transactions over the course of a month, and it allows me a chance to verify that everything is correct.

YMMV, of course.

Cheers