Menu

New Install On win 2019

Help
Nick Wall
2021-01-14
2021-01-25
  • Nick Wall

Nick Wall - 2021-01-14

Hello -I'm trying to move bugtracker from an old 2003 server to a new win 2019 server
    I found your site after some research ( as old site has been used for number years prior to me starting at company).
    Decided to do a fresh install with the latest version of Bugtracker as well as move the SQL DB to new server - as well as all the upgrades to the latest for the DB.

Downloaded and put files on new server and followed your step for set up
    but when i try to access web page from the server i get a 403.14 - Forbidden error
    ive tried everything ive seen on the forums but nothing is working "
    any suggestions how t get to the login screen ?

Note: the SQL DB is on a networked server - does the config need to be in the [\servername] format or just [servername].

Thanks !

• Corey Trager

Corey Trager - 2021-01-14

I'm pretty sure this is not related to my code, just your configuration of IIS/ASP.NET.

You can try browsing to just my "about.html" page, which is just plain html, no server side C#, as a first step. If you have trouble with that, you know it's a pretty basic IIS config problem.

Then you can try browsing to "hello.aspx" which has some simple C#. It doesn't connect to the database or anything, doesn't care about my Web.config settings. If that doesn't work, then you know you have a problem with how IIS/ASP.NET are configured.

I myself don't install often enough to know more, and every time I do, it's a little adventure for me too because IIS or SQL Server has changed. Please post back here what the problem was.

• Nick Wall

Nick Wall - 2021-01-14

Hi Corey
    thanks for quick response :)
    just tried the "about.html" and that comes up no issue and can see your info and weblinks
    tried the Hello.aspx and all i get is teh "code" and not the web page showing

Any thoughts
    I'll dig a little more on the IIS
    Thanks

• Corey Trager

Your IIS doesn't know about ASP.NET

• Nick Wall

Nick Wall - 2021-01-14

I'll track that down - Thanks
    will update once figured out

• Nick Wall

Nick Wall - 2021-01-14

OK got the IIS figure out - I thought id installed the ASP features when i installed IIS but some reason they were not - so after installing installing web page started to come up
    had a SQL issue where it webconfig didn't like the UNC path so changed to IP address and that worked
    Then the username/pw needed to be recreated on the new DB and that helped get to the login screen.
    It shows "Unable to find "bugs" table - click to setup database tables

I havent clicked on it yet as didnt know if - it needs those tables - I retored a backup from the old DB and upgraded the DB per the upgrade list
    Should i create those tables ?

When i log in as myself i get SQL errors with Select permission was denied

• Corey Trager

The "select permission was denied" is not from my app. It's related to trying to move a database from one sql server to another, so google for that kind of stuff.

• Nick Wall

Nick Wall - 2021-01-25

Just an update for all :)
    fixed the permission on the SQL by creating a new user in teh security of the SQL DB
    and setting as DB read/writer as well as owner
    Thanks for the help