Menu

NO PLAIN TEXT MESSAGE BODY FOUND without html attachment

Help
AntonioP
2014-01-23
2014-04-04
  • AntonioP

AntonioP - 2014-01-23

When upgraded to 3.6.2 some html mails just create a bug with the message NO PLAIN TEXT MESSAGE BODY FOUND but without the html attachment. Then we made a test from Outlook 2013 and there was no attachment, then a test from Thunderbird and there was the attachment.
    Has someone the same problem?

• AntonioP

AntonioP - 2014-01-25

ok fixed. in web.config changed the following line to:
    add key="ShowPotentiallyDangerousHtml" value="1"

Last edit: AntonioP 2014-01-25
  • AntonioP

AntonioP - 2014-01-29

oh it's not fixed, now for some emails we have the same behavior. can someone help or give some advice?

• Raph

Raph - 2014-02-21

Hi Antonio,

Maybe you can check this post : "Problem with enclose image within mail text"

Hope this helps,

R

• Frank Fesevur

Frank Fesevur - 2014-02-21

Today I finally upgraded from 3.4.9 to 3.6.2. I installed it on new server, basically copying the existing web.config and everything worked as expected.

Until now we didn't use the POP3 so I was trying that and I get the same error.

When I send plain text mails from Outlook 2010, Nexus 5 (using Actice Sync) or Gmail I get the "NO PLAIN TEXT MESSAGE BODY FOUND" text, message send from Thunderbird work fine.

Messages sent from Outlook that contain both HTML and text are processed as expected.

The raw messages in the logfile look OK to me.

I'm disabling the option again. Not useful this way.

• Corey Trager

Corey Trager - 2014-02-24

Sorry for me not responding. I plan to work on this in april, but what would help is for you to capture the raw text of a message that I'm not handling by using the "MessageOutputFile" setting in btnet_service.exe.config.

• ssideratos

ssideratos - 2014-03-21

Hello Corey.

I installed and configured bugtracker.net a few weeks ago. My quick testing during setup made it seem like incoming e-mails worked great (and they do from me). However, when I started sending e-mails to my main vendor, a large percentage of their reply e-mails come back with the "NO PLAIN TEXT MESSAGE BODY FOUND" and the e-mail is lost.

Seems as if the web-mail services I tested with (yahoo and gmail) work well, but it doesn't always like my vendor's outlook.

This is a big problem because it takes away one of the really powerful and convenient features of the program, but more so because the e-mail itself gets deleted from the server and lost.

I have some technical skills and I am willing to help you track down this bug.

Let me know how I might help. Did you get the logs you needed?

• Corey Trager

Corey Trager - 2014-04-03

Fixed in version 3.6.3 I believe.
    For any sort of problem with incoming emails, use the "MessageOutputFile" in btnet_service.exe.config to capture the incoming email so that I can replay it in my testing.

• Corey Trager

Corey Trager - 2014-04-04

See this for a bug not yet fixed in 3.6.3, but it will be next release. You can fix by commenting out the code I commented out:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/btnet/bugs/800/