Menu

Setting 5 Hz Update Rate

Oli
2009-02-24
2013-05-02
  • Oli

Oli - 2009-02-24

Hi All,

I have a Bluemax 4043 Logger, which seems to be identical to the i-Blue 747 logger. The question now is if it's possible to change the default 1 Hz Update Rate to 5 Hz although the Times Left is 0. A Warning is shown when pressing the "Set" Button and I don't want to destroy the device ;-)

Has anyone tried and succeeded in setting a 5 Hz Update Rate to an i-Blue 747 or Bluemax 4043?

Thanks,

Oli

• Mario De Weerd

Mario De Weerd - 2009-02-24

Since changing the flash settings is an advanced functionality that could break the operation of the device, I've added this warning!

In your case there will be no effect since the number of times left is 0.

This also means that you can not set the device to 5 Hz in a permanent way - only in a dynamic way.  The dynamic value is kept until battery power is lost or some reset is issued.

You can set the dynamic value in the device settings tab where you will find the fix period.  Set 200 ms there and you'll get 5 Hz behaviour.

5 Hz logging is automatic for speed and distance conditions.  The time condition has to be set to 0.2 seconds if you want to force a position to be logged at a permanent 5Hz rate (regardless of speed or distance).

• Oli

Oli - 2009-02-25

Thanks for your answer. For me, it's not necessary to get the setting permanent in the flash. The dynamic way is OK ;-)