Menu

Problems with 0.5 release

Alan Field
2007-03-13
2013-04-29
  • Alan Field

Alan Field - 2007-03-13

Hey,

I am trying to use the 0.5 release for an NCAA tournament pool. I have installed Tomcat 5.5 and deployed the WAR file. I have also run the 4 MySQL scripts to create the database (db.sql, ncaa.sql, ncaa-teams.sql(Updated with just the 2007 teams), and ncaa-leagues.sql) However when I create a tournament the bracket does not look correct. Everything is fine until the last game. The 7th and 10th seed game is correct, and it feeds into the "62___________" slot. However, then the "63___________" is rendered under the 10th seed select control. And the 2nd seed select control is rendered to the right with the curly graphic. I can send you a screen shot if you like.

Thanks,
    Alan Field

• Avery J. Regier

Avery J. Regier - 2007-03-13

Please create a bug report and add the screen shot.  I haven't experienced this, it is quite unusual. 

Some ideas:
      1) maybe when you ran the sql there might have been an error.  Typically the Mysql command window will beep at you when this happens and will print out an error.  I'm expecting this is what happenned, then the later sql statements didn't do the right thing because counts were suddenly off.  This would have happenned perhaps on the ncaa.sql file.  Are you in a position to rerun the scripts and try it again?  If not, there will probably need to be some hand generated sql run to fix it.
      2) I suggest upgrading to MySQL 5 if you can.

• Alan Field

Alan Field - 2007-03-13

I have entered a bug in the tracker. (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&atid=727794&aid=1680245&group_id=133182) I had the same problem with MySQL 5.0. I am not seeing any errors when I run the scripts in MySQL. I can send you the contents of a table if that will help.

Thanks,
      Alan

• Avery J. Regier

Avery J. Regier - 2007-03-14

I've updated the bug with a suggested resolution.  It looks like there is a missing row in the game_seed table.

-Avery

• Alan Field

Alan Field - 2007-03-14

Avery,

Thanks for your suggestion. That fixed my problem. I added some information to the bug about the files I used to populate my teams and league tables.

On with the madness!

Alan