Menu

Question on patch - inherit zero-copy flags

Help
2005-11-04
2013-06-06
  • Kristen Smith

Kristen Smith - 2005-11-04

I was curious if anyone has tested this patch on a VLAN system? I am having trouble with it and after following the code, this is what I see:

in bond_init - bond->bond_features is set to bond_dev->features (which has some default VLAN flags set- VLAN_CHALLENGED in particular).

When a slave is enslaved (bond_enslave), the bond_dev->features variable is changed depending on the slave features (in my case VLAN_CHALLENGED is set to false since my slave handles VLANs).

After the above bond_dev->features is set, a call to compute_bond_features is made.

now, compute_bond_features looks at bond->bond_features and not at bond_dev->features and this function winds up setting the VLAN_CHALLENGED flag to 1 again, even though we just set it to 0 in bond_dev->features.

Vlans are then not added as the system thinks they are not supported since compute_bond_features changed bond_dev->features with the values of bond->bond_features.

Now, I should point out, I am stuck on a 2.4 kernel, so I applied this patch manually to a 2.4 kernel - taking great care to make sure I didn't lose anything in the backport. However, I did look through the 2.6 code with this patch and it follows the same logic as mentioned above.

Has anyone else run across this or I am just looking at something wrong?

Thanks,
    Kristen Smith