#272 Find error with unicode characters

open
nobody
None
5
2006-11-28
2006-11-28
Anonymous
No

I tried this on 2 systems:
- FC6 + python 2.4 + wxPython 2.6
- MAC 10.4.8+ python 2.5 + wxPython 2.7
and I got the some result.
If I don't use unicode characters everything works fine.
If I use them, either with
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-#
or
# -*- coding: iso-8859-15 -*-#
and I do a 'find' the text highlighted is been shifted N chars left where N is the number of unicode characters present in my file.
Searching a string this is not a very big problem, but when you do substitutions it is, because it substitutes just the highlighted text.
Now I'm using Boa 0.5.2, but this is bad also with Boa 0.4.4
I hope you'd solve it and I want to thank anyway for your great work!!
Licia

Discussion


Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks