Menu

Group manager fails to add new groups

Help
2016-07-06
2016-11-25
  • Joseph Mervitz

Joseph Mervitz - 2016-07-06

Hi,

I have deployed Media Wiki along with Bluespice on Windows 10 64 bit pro and I use XAMPP to create my web server and database server (Apace, MySQL).

After setting up Media Wiki and loggin into the root account I can't create a new group in Group Manager. When I type in the name a click create, nothing happens. Repeating the process yields a success message but the group does not appear on the list.

However I can create new users perfectly fine.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Last edit: Joseph Mervitz 2016-07-06
  • Josef Chadim

Josef Chadim - 2016-11-24

Same here on IIS (W2012R2), did you found any solution?
    phperrors log looks like this:
    PHP Warning: file_put_contents(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\bluespice-free\extensions\BlueSpiceFoundation\config\gm-settings.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\bluespice-free\extensions\BlueSpiceExtensions\GroupManager\GroupManager.class.php on line 105

Last edit: Josef Chadim 2016-11-24
  • SnowWh1t3

SnowWh1t3 - 2016-11-25

could you please test if it works if everyone has full access?

• Phil Dickinson

Phil Dickinson - 2017-06-01

Does anyone know the fix to this? The site I setup is restricted to account holders only and the LocalSettings.php file includes the following:

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;
    $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
    $wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;

I am logged in on an account with Bureaucrat and Sysop group roles. When I try to add a Group, a popup appears claiming success but no additional group appears in the list. O/S is AWS Linux. Installed using BlueSpice-free-2.27.1-installer.zip. I can add users but not groups.

• Phil Dickinson

Phil Dickinson - 2017-06-01

Solved my own problem after a bit of digging. In the /bluespice/extensions/BlueSpiceFoundation/config folder, set write permission on the group 'chmod 666 <file-name>' I set this on three files: pm-settings.php, gm-settings.php and nm-settings.php.
      Note: the user that the httpd service runs as needs to be a member of the group owner of the files.
      Instead of -rw-rw-r-- on these three files they are now -rw-rw-rw- and I can add groups in the F/E.

• SnowWh1t3

SnowWh1t3 - 2017-06-02

hey phil..
    thank you for this solution!