Shaun Barlow - 2007-11-06

Hi all,
Congrats on this magnificent app.
I think it's a tool that could be a bit of a catalyst for many other things.
Though this is a long way out of the scope of what you're aiming to do, I can see a potential to (finally) be able to get my computer and phone doing some automatic synchronisation. I currently use Conduit to sync podcasts from my computer's hdd to my phone (SE Z610i) via bluetooth using a gnome-vfs-obexftp address. The only problem is that bluetooth transfer is slow, thus if I forget to hit the sync button at least a half hour before I leave, then the transfer doesn't finish before I leave the house.

The potential I can see is that BlueProximity can detect my phone, then launch a script to automatically sync my podcasts and some music. Now all I have to do is to learn about writing scripts. Please can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to write a script that instructs conduit to do start synchronisation.

I know this isn't strictly about BlueProximity, so sorry if anyone finds it irrelevant. I mainly wanted to share my thoughts for how versatile BlueProximity could potentially be.

Cheers to all,
Shaun