Menu

AVG 7.1 Pro detects a Trojan in swapper.exe

metal-fan
2006-08-14
2013-03-25
  • metal-fan

metal-fan - 2006-08-14

Hi , I download Swapper to try it out and AVG 7.1 detected a trojan in the swapper.exe after I installed it.

File name: SWAPPER.EXE
    File Path: C:\PROGRAM FILES\SWAPPER\ Discovery: Trojan horse PSW.Generic2.EUH
    Date of Detection:8/14/2006
    File size: 64KB (65536 bytes)
    Healable: No
    Source: Backup
    Satus: Infected

I'm using Windows ME OS.
    What's up with AVG 7.1 detecting a trojan in Swapper?

• metal-fan

metal-fan - 2006-08-14

I tried downloading it again from another sourceForge download link & got the same trojan detected.
      I tried ignoring with it AVG , restored it from the virus Vautlt then tried tried to open Swapper and got this error:
      Windows cannot acess the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item & AVG detected the trojan again.

• metal-fan

metal-fan - 2006-08-15

Hi I figured out why AVG 7.1 Pro detected a trojan , I had AVG Resident shield>additional options Scan>Potentially Unwanted Programs on (check marked).I turned that off tried installing Torrent Swapper again & AVG didn't detect a trojan in swapper.exe when I started it.

I still can't get Torrent Swapper to work tho can someone help.

I get this pop up error when I start Swapper.

SWAPPER error
      Failed to load icon from the file 'C:\Programs Files\Swapper\swapper.ico'(error 0: the operation completely successfully)

SWAPPER.EXE.log error log.
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "Swapper\guessip.pyo", line 22, in get_my_wan_ip
        File "Swapper\guessip.pyo", line 37, in get_my_wan_ip_win32
      RuntimeError: Can not locate 'w9xpopen.exe' which is needed for popen to work with your shell or platform.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area of the forum.

• jon ozborn

jon ozborn - 2006-08-17

That's very interesting, I'm going to install AVG and try it for myself. Thanks for the heads up.

• metal-fan

metal-fan - 2006-08-17

Your welcome.
        BTW Torrent swapper does works for me , I just keep  getting "failed to load icon from the file'C:\program files\swapper\swapper.ico'(error 0:the operation completed sucessfully." error message whenever I start up Torrent Swapper.