Menu

How to install, and where?

Help
Anonymous
2006-11-07
2013-04-15
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-11-07

I've downloaded htmlparser and unzipped it; then I moved it into the libraries folder of Processing. But when I open a project in Processing and try to import the library, Processing doesn't even see the htmlparser folder, even though it does see all the other libraries.

There's no documentation for how to install this, or if some files are supposed to moved from inside the htmlparser folder to anywhere else. I'm on Mac OS X, but other people running this same program and project in Windows don't report having this problem.

Any help would be appreciated, along with a Read Me file being included with all versions in the future so it's perfectly clear how to install this library.

• doibuon

doibuon - 2006-11-07

html parser is library, after you unzipped it, find lib folder and copy VSHTMLParser.jar to your folder. When you can import it, because my english is very bad, I cann't write document for it in this moment.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-11-07

Well, there is a lib folder, and a library folder in Processing, and everything I've seen so far says libraries go in the library folder, or you can put them in a project folder. Are you sure you mean "lib" instead of "library"?

I tried putting html parser in the project folder for what I'm trying to get working and it seems to let me start running the project, but then I get this error:

Semantic Error: No method named "getAttributes" was found in type
        "org.htmlparser.nodes.TagNode". However, there is an accessible method
        "getAttributesEx" whose name closely matches the name "getAttributes".

So I ad "Ex" like it suggests and try running again, where I get these errors:

Semantic Error: The type of the right sub-expression,
        "java.util.Vector", is not assignable to the variable, of type "java.util.Hashtable".

and

Semantic Error: No applicable overload for a method with signature
        "replace(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)" was found in type
        "java.lang.String". Perhaps you wanted the overloaded version
        "java.lang.String replace(char $1, char $2);" instead?

Not being a programmer, those errors mean nothing to me, and I don't know how to get past them because I don't know how the program works or what it expects.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

• doibuon

doibuon - 2006-11-07

sorry, perhaps you mistook html parser project, my project is VietSpider HTMLParser,  full package name always start with org.vietspider... , please check again your html parser library.