Menu

Error With SchedulerActivationPostProcessor

Help
2009-06-23
2013-05-09
  • Andreanes Yosef Vanderlee

Hi..

I try to put beet on my current application which build using (JSF 1.2, Spring 2.5, JPA 1.0, Hibernate 3.2, RichFaces 3.3.1)

It gave me this error when I start my server:

weblogic.application.ModuleException: [HTTP:101216]Servlet: "SpringContextServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "RichFaces".
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.mtgi.analytics.aop.config.v11.SchedulerActivationPostProcessor#0':
    Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.InternalError: erroneous handlers

Here's what I've added on my applicationContext.xml (namespace and schema has been added as well):

<bt:manager application="RichFaces" track-method-expression="execution (* com.av.ManagedBean.*(..))"  flush-schedule="0/30 * * * * ?">
            <bt:xml-persister binary="false" compress="false" file="/home/gdev/log/beet-hello-perf.xml"/>
            <bt:http-requests parameters="command"/>
        </bt:manager>

Thanks..

• Jason Trump

Jason Trump - 2009-06-23

hi Andreanes,

Thanks for your report.  Could you tell me more about your application?

* WAR or EAR
      * if EAR, how is beet packaged with the application?
      * application server vendor, version
      * operating system, version
      * Java VM, version

After googling for 'java.lang.InternalError', I'm guessing maybe you are deployed on WebLogic using JRockit VM?

If so, could you try the test with Sun VM.  You'll still get an error, but it will probably be more helpful for diagnosis.

In any case, please also include the full stack trace of the error.

-jt

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your prompt response. Here's some details of my application:
      * deploy using EAR
      * Here's the structure:
        -EAR
        --WAR (JSF 1.2, Spring 2.5, JPA 1.0, Hibernate 3.2, RichFaces 3.3.1) => beet is  here
        --WAR (Spring WS)
        --Jar for common Library
      * I'm using Oracle WebLogic 10.3.0
      * Running this machine on VM using Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)
        Linux gdc-java5.ap.equinix.com 2.6.9-78.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 9 15:39:47 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
      * Compiled and running using jrockit_160_05

Anyway I'm gonna try to use SUN VM, and will post some result after that..

--
      Andre

Hi Jason,

I try to run it using Sun VM like what you've suggested, and it give me some detail error which is conflict with the library (JRockit doesn't raise this). After I fix the library conflict I'm managed to make things work (It also work with jrockit now)...

But the problem is, if we're going to monitor some class which doesn't have proxying, how do we set proxy-target-class="true" like in aop:config? Because it'll be hard if we have to create all interface for every single monitored classes.

Thanks a bunch,
      Andre

Opps..
      <aop:config proxy-target-class="true"/>
      works for it :P

thx..
      Andre

• Jason Trump

Jason Trump - 2009-06-24

yeah you got it :)

Would you mind posting the exception you found when you switched to the Sun VM, and also what library conflict you had to fix?

If it's a common enough problem for people, I'd like to add a troubleshooting / FAQ section to the site with this kind of information.

-jt

Hi Jason,

Here's the error when I use JRockit:
      <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149265> <Failure occurred in the execution of deployment request with ID '1245894064943' for task '27'. Error is: 'weblogic.application.ModuleException: [HTTP:101216]Servlet: "SpringContextServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "RichFaces".
      org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.mtgi.analytics.aop.config.v11.SchedulerActivationPostProcessor#0': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.InternalError: erroneous handlers
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)

And this one when I use Sun VM:
      <Error> <org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader> <BEA-000000> <Context initialization failed
      org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.mtgi.analytics.aop.config.v11.SchedulerActivationPostProcessor#0': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/quartz/Scheduler
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)

Previously this library: quartz-all-1.6.0.jar deployed on the EAR with permission only for root (-r-x------), and now I deploy it using normal user, so just give current user permission to that file, and everything is fine :P

Regards,
      Andre