Menu

need help to save my webstats

2004-11-13
2012-10-11
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

I have a question; i'm a little bit concerned about my webstats.
    My webhostingsagent created as a service this webstats, but I will in go to another server and say goodbye to this webhostingscompany.
    Then I will probably lose these webstats.

How can I save these webstats, because it is very importnant to us.
    We will use this again with our future server, but I want to safe these webstats.

Does anyone of u have a qlue how to do this?

Many thanx, Marco

• Nobody/Anonymous

If you have access to the directory where the awstats data files are kept you can ftp them to your local system for safekeeping until your new hosting service is available. Depending on the activity of your site the files could be large. It would be more efficient to make a compressed tar file of everything in the directory by issuing the command
      tar -zcvf mysitestatistics.tar *
      then ftp the resulting mysitestatistics.tar to your local machine or to your new hosting service if you already have one. Once you have the tar file on the new host in the proper directory run
      tar -zxvf mysitestatistics.tar
      and it will decompress all the files. Of course the new hosting company would need to have installed AWStats for you on the new server and configured it similarly as your current hosting service.

• Nobody/Anonymous

ah right! thanx 4 your answer!!!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Along a similar line...

I have moved from a server that didn't use AWstats to one that does.

Can I import my old stats into AWstats. My hoster says, "No." I find that hard to believe.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael

• Nobody/Anonymous

Michael, use a host with a clue.

Sorry, with them it's not a matter of can't, but won't. Find another host who is more willing to work with you.