Menu

I lose my text hightlight window

Zhu yude
2022-08-10
2023-04-27
  • Zhu yude

Zhu yude - 2022-08-10

I'm in newest version 4.48. I didn't change any settings, but I don't know why I lost my text hightlight window these days. This is my screenshoot now:
    img

But this is normal status:
    img

What should I do?

Last edit: Zhu yude 2022-08-10
  • Jackslade

Jackslade - 2022-08-10

If you could, please post your log file (Help -> Log file) and also go to %appdata%\AstroGrep and post your AstroGrep.general.config file.

After you post them here, and don't mind losing any settings, you can delete or rename the AstroGrep.general.config file and that should reset your window settings and hopefully bring back the view.

Otherwise I need to look into your files and see a possible reason why that whole area is missing.

• Zhu yude

Zhu yude - 2022-08-11

@Jackslade Hi,I don't mind losing my data, but hope to fix the bug. It is a important soft to me.

• Zhu yude

Zhu yude - 2022-08-11

After delete the AstroGrep.general.config file I bring back the view indeed, thanks a lot.

• Jackslade

Jackslade - 2022-08-12

Did you happen to save that file before deleting it (and if so, can you post it here)?

I will also try and reproduce the issue since it has something to do with that file.

Thanks!

• Zhu yude

Zhu yude - 2022-08-26

I have post it here

• Brandon Price

Brandon Price - 2023-04-27

I had this issue as well and I think I see what happened.

In the config (AstroGrep.general.config), it's possible for the WindowFilePanelHeight entry in the config file to be greater than the WindowHeight entry. Once that happens, the slider bar is inaccessible.

It's pretty easy to reproduce the issue. Open AstroGrep, make the window tall and drag the divider bar down near the bottom. Then shorten the window. If you do this on a high resolution monitor and then switch to a lower resolution monitor, you can be permanently locked out of accessing the divider bar (even if you make the window full screen!).

Is it possible to add a check that forces the WindowFilePanelHeight value to be less than or equal to the WindowHeight? Or maybe reference the WindowFilePanelHeight as an always positive distance from the bottom edge of the window (so it's impossible to 'hide' the slider bar by shrinking the WindowHeight)?

Last edit: Brandon Price 2023-04-27
    • Jackslade

Jackslade - 2023-04-27

Thanks for this additional information. I created bug ticket #127 to track this: https://sourceforge.net/p/astrogrep/bugs/127/

Last edit: Jackslade 2023-04-27