Menu

ASSIMP export() method does not work for aiScene created by import()

2016-02-29
2016-09-19
  • Basanta Nickal

Basanta Nickal - 2016-02-29

I am working on a project where I want to import a human mesh using assimp, autorig it, update aiScene by setting the skeleton data and export it using ASSIMP again. The import works fine, but when I try to export the same scene created by assimp import without any modifications, I get unexpected memory leakage or memory access violation errors in different times. I am clueless about this. My code is posted in StackOverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35620357/assimp-exporting-an-imported-scene-without-any-changes-throws-exception

If the export() library can't export a scene created by assimp import itself, how can I imagine that it will when i modify the scene? Can anyone explain me why is this happening?

I am also attaching the model that I am working with. Anyone who can successfully import the obj format model with assimp and export it into collada again using assimp export can please comment.

Last edit: Basanta Nickal 2016-02-29
  • Evgeniy

Evgeniy - 2016-09-19

Good afternoon Basanta Nickal. I am the developer of PMR, my tongue is Russian, I use a translator. I wanted to ask you, I was faced with a problem similar to yours. You helped with the decision, and if so tell me please?