Collada file that crash aiImportfile()

Difference
2009-01-17
2013-06-03
  • Difference

Difference - 2009-01-17

Hi,

Thanks again for this nice library.

I have put a Collada file ( I have some more if needed) that crash aiImportfile()

I'm using the C interface from BlitzMax for where I'm making a wrapper

The file is here:

http://code.google.com/p/blitzmax-assimp/source/browse/trunk/modeltrouble/assim301/house.dae

I hope that you can find out what is wrong.

Bye,
    Peter

• Thomas Ziegenhagen

I'm going to look into it. Thanks for pointing out. I'll drop a message here when I have fixed it.

• Thomas Ziegenhagen

Ok, fixed it. The house now loads properly, at least here in the viewer. It also looks ok, except for the fact the up vector seems to be mixed. Other testfiles with the Z_UP vector work fine here, so it might be the model itsself which is erroneous. Please drop me a note if the model looks like you expected.

Bye, Thomas

• Alexander Gessler

@Peter
      I'd like to put a link to blitzmax-assimp project on the assimp page, would that be OK for you?

Bye,
      Alex

PS: Still working on the NFF/PretransformVert/MinGw problem, but I'm closer.

• Difference

Difference - 2009-01-18

Thanks Thomas, that fixed it!

The Z_UP vector is indeed wrong in the Collada file, assimp import looks correct to me.

I've added a file in wavefront obj format that crashes assimp aiImportfile() (tested with version 303) here:

http://code.google.com/p/blitzmax-assimp/source/browse/#svn/trunk/modeltrouble/assimp303

I hope you guys can sort that out too.

Whilst on the subject of .obj files:

It seems mtl files are only found (Windows XP), when I replace any forward slashes in the filename with backslashes. The meshes load fine, but it seems the mtl materials are not loaded.

That might be correct, but it would be great if the mtl code would allow forwardslashes even under Windows, because the programming language I use, by default changes backslashes in filenames to forward slashes.

Windows seems to allow both, ans be quite happy with mixed slashed filenames like "C:\Data/Models\mymesh.obj"

@Alex : Sure, a link would be great!

Looking forward to test some NFFs in the future:-)

• Alexander Gessler

Hi,

The OBJ file should work now, too.

>> It seems mtl files are only found (Windows XP), when I replace any forward slashes in the filename with backslashes. The meshes load fine, but it seems the mtl materials are not loaded.

Yes, I'm already working on a solution. I'll add another internal file system layer to filter any paths in the whole library - insert the right delimiters, replace double delimiters, resolve URIs (e.g. file://C:/whatever.png), build correct paths relative to the asset currently being loaded, ... . I'll post up as soon as it's on the server.

Bye,
      Alex

• Alexander Gessler

Oh, I forgot: I added the house files (obj + dae) to the assimp regression test set. I hope you have nothing against ...

• Difference

Difference - 2009-01-19

Hi

OBJ loads ok now. :-)

An internal file system layer to filter any paths in the whole library sounds like a good thing.

Yes, you can use the models I post for tests, I'll state if they have copyrights from now on.

• Alexander Gessler

>> @Alex : Sure, a link would be great!

And finally I did it :-)
      http://assimp.sourceforge.net/main_doc.html

and yes, I didn't forget the nff stuff ... still on the to-be-done list.

Bye,
      Alex