Menu

New binary viewer? (For Windows)

Difference
2009-05-05
2013-06-03
  • Difference

Difference - 2009-05-05

Hi Assimp team.

I'm currently updating my BlitzMax wrapper, and it would be a tremendous help if you could build and upload a current version of the viewer app for Windows.

It is a really big help when comparing rotations, winding order and materials, to see how the "official" viewer renders the models.

I'm currently on assimp release 414, and everything is compiling and working fine under BlitzMax Windows (Mac testing later), but I need to sort out some orientation issues.

Thanks in advance.

--
    Bye, Peter

• Alexander Gessler

I've uploaded new release packages, in the hope that these binaries work for you (SSE2, latest Direct3D runtime).

I'm glad to hear blitzmax-assimp is still active :-)

Bye,
      Alex

• Difference

Difference - 2009-05-06

Many thanks, just what I needed!

The view app is somewhat unstable on my system, and crashes on every 5 - 10 loaded model. I can't really tell a pattern yet. The same model will sometimes crash, and sometimes not.

It' good enough to check with for now.

If you could put in a "pretransform vertices" mode in the viewer, it would be great, because it would be mush easier to isolate some issues.

In my BlitzMax ( pretransform  version ) I have IRR meshes turning inside out, and most others looking correct, but sines the official viewer doesn't use that flag, it's hard to compare.

System: Macbook Intel Duo 2, 1 Gb Ram, Windows XP, GFX GMA 945 Express.

• Alexander Gessler

OK, the latest viewer version lets you decide which postprocessing flags to use. An updated (x86) binary is up at http://assimp.sourceforge.net/tmp/assimp_view.exe

>> The view app is somewhat unstable on my system, and crashes on every 5 - 10 loaded model. I can't really tell a pattern yet. The same model will sometimes crash, and sometimes not.

I'm guessing it crashes during destruction of the *previous* file, which iirc takes place directly after a new file is read. Would that be reasonable pattern?

Alex