Thank you for aspell's developing!
Spellchecking of some special file formats is hard to
novices. Let's view on PHP file:
// Comment to spellcheck (1)
echo "Literal to spellcheck (2)";
<html_tag attrib="Value to spellcheck (3)">Text to
... and so on ...
How to spellcheck regions (1)-(4) selectively in any
combinations? E.g. PHP comments and HTML text? Or
ignore PHP code completely?
I've failed to force exclude PHP by:
OPTION add-context-delimiters <? ?>
OPTION add-context-delimiters " "
It would be great aspell woulda allows filters
configuration via regexp.
And following filter options are highly desirable:
- allowed context (e.g. "<? ?>" = only in PHP)
- disallowed context (e.g. "<? ?>" = exclude PHP)
- allowed chars (e.g. to check latin only)
- disallowed chars (e.g. to ignore latin)
- allowed word patterns
- disallowed word patterns (e.g. to ignore hex numbers)
- pre-spelling string/regex replaces (e.g. to
reconstruct hyphenated words)
My apologies, if any of this has been already
implemented, but filter options aren't documented