ASC 2.6.1 is a maintenance release that doesn't offer any new features.
A few bugs have been fixed and there are better diagnostics for various error scenarios. The source code is now compiled against libsigc++ 2.x
ASC 2.6.0 is the latest version of the traditional line of ASC, featuring the classic combat model with units having a single, bounded experience property. Several campaigns are available, as well as multiplayer capabilities. However, the Project Battle Planets is already using the newattack branch of ASC, which is not compatible with this release.
The focus of this release has been polishing and bugfixes. There are no major new features. The most notable changes are:... read more
Feature of ASC 2.4 release:
- Full suport for Undo
- New Campaigns available in several language
- Translations of Campaign available
- Fixed a lot of problems (mostly regressions) in AI, making it much
better in Campaign maps
- Reviewed and polished campaigns, fixing lots of problems that crept in due to evolving ASC data
- ASC and mapeditor can now be scripted with LUA
- Added package management to check dependencies between data packages
- Fixed problems that occured on Vista/Win7 with limited permissions
- Lots of bugfixes and smaller refinements