Help
ericxuo
2016-06-22
2016-06-28
  • ericxuo

ericxuo - 2016-06-22

Hi,

I am trying to run areca on Mageia5.
    I modified the bin/areca_run.sh script to make it find the java executable but I get the error :
    Impossible to find or load the main class
    (This has been translated from french).

Header OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
    IMP OpenJDK
    openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
    OpenJDK Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)
    Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale

Here are some variables used :

CLASSPATH = :/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/config:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/translations:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/areca.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/mail.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/activation.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/commons-net-1.4.1.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/jsch.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/org.eclipse.core.commands_3.2.0.I20060605-1400.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/org.eclipse.jface_3.2.0.I20060605-1400.jar:/usr/lib/java/swt.jar:/usr/lib64/java/swt.jar:/usr/share/java/swt.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/swt.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/commons-codec-1.4.jar

LIBRARY_PATH = /home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk/jre/lib/:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/lib64/java:/usr/lib/java:/usr/lib64/jni:/usr/lib/jni:/usr/share/java

I modifed these variables myself as the original version of these variables didn't work ... but without success.

Do you have an idea about my issue ?

Regards.

Xuo.

• softbirdy

softbirdy - 2016-06-23

Salut Eric,

Find below what I do in my own bash script. I bypass bin/areca_run.sh
      and other provided scripts. I change the current directory to the one
      where areca is installed:

cd {areca}

Then I call Java VM using a relative path (you could use an absolute
      path). The follow command should be written all on one line, otherwise
      use "\" at the end of each line.

../jre/bin/java -cp .:./lib:./config:./translations:./tools:./lib/activation.jar:./lib/areca.jar:./lib/commons-net-1.4.1.jar:./lib/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar:./lib/jsch.jar:./lib/local_policy.jar:./lib/mail.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.core.commands_3.2.0.I20060605-1400.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.jface_3.2.0.I20060605-1400.jar:./lib/swt.jar:./lib/commons-codec-1.4.jar
      com.application.areca.launcher.gui.Launcher "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5"
      "$6" "$7" "$8" "$9" "${10}" "${11}" "${12}"

I use that script since I don't use the default JVM install on my Linux box. I install the JVM on my portable external USB hard drive with areca. So if my Linux box crash, I boot with a live Linux CD and plug my external USB HD and I don't have to install anything else since every thing that I need to recover my data is on the portable external HD (i.e. Java VM, Areca and my data). My real script does one more thing: I check if the archicture is 32 bits or 64 bits (I use the command uname -a). Everything has to be 32 bits (JVM, Areca, Linux) or 64 bits others wise I would run into problem with libgtk2.0-0:i386.

Give a try et bonne chance

• softbirdy

softbirdy - 2016-06-23

Salut Eric,

Find below what I do in my own bash script. I bypass bin/areca_run.sh

and other provided script. I change the current directory to the one
      where areca is installed:

cd {areca}

Then I call Java VM using a relative path (you could use an absolute

path). The follow command should be written all on one line, otherwise
      use "\" at the end of each line.

../jre/bin/java -cp
      .:./lib:./config:./translations:./tools:./lib/activation.jar:./lib/areca.jar:./lib/commons-net-1.4.1.jar:./lib/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar:./lib/jsch.jar:./lib/local_policy.jar:./lib/mail.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.core.commands_3.2.0.I20060605-1400.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.jface_3.2.0.I20060605-1400.jar:./lib/swt.jar:./lib/commons-codec-1.4.jar
      com.application.areca.launcher.gui.Launcher "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5"
      "$6" "$7" "$8" "$9" "${10}" "${11}" "${12}"

Give a try and bonne chance

On 2016-06-22 04:01 PM, ericxuo wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to run areca on Mageia5.
      I modified the bin/areca_run.sh script to make it find the java executable but I get the error :
      (This has been translated from french).

Header OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
      IMP OpenJDK
      openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
      OpenJDK Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)
      Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale

Here are some variables used :

CLASSPATH = :/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/config:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/translations:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/areca.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/mail.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/activation.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/commons-net-1.4.1.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/jsch.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/org.eclipse.core.commands_3.2.0.I20060605-1400.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/org.eclipse.jface_3.2.0.I20060605-1400.jar:/usr/lib/java/swt.jar:/usr/lib64/java/swt.jar:/usr/share/java/swt.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/swt.jar:/home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/commons-codec-1.4.jar

LIBRARY_PATH = /home/eric/Téléchargements/areca/lib/:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk/jre/lib/:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/lib64/java:/usr/lib/java:/usr/lib64/jni:/usr/lib/jni:/usr/share/java

I modifed these variables myself as the original version of these variables didn't work ... but without success.

Do you have an idea about my issue ?

Regards.

Xuo.

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/areca/discussion/587586/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• ericxuo

ericxuo - 2016-06-23

Hi,

I've just copied/pasted your command and it worked.
    I'll try to understand what the differences are with mine and I'll let you know (if I understand what happens ...).

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Xuo.

• ericxuo

ericxuo - 2016-06-27

Hi,

I'm using a local 32-bits jre executable (not located in /usr/share/java or /bin/java or any other system location).
    Here are the main changes I made in the bin/areca_run.sh to make it work :
    These 3 lines have been commented out.
    CLASSPATH="${CLASSPATH}:/usr/lib/java/swt.jar"
    CLASSPATH="${CLASSPATH}:/usr/lib64/java/swt.jar"
    CLASSPATH="${CLASSPATH}:/usr/share/java/swt.jar"
    com.application.areca.launcher.gui.Launcher has been added on the last line, just before the $1 $2 ... arguments.

Regards.

Xuo.

• ericxuo

ericxuo - 2016-06-28

Hi,

Adding com.application.areca.launcher.gui.Launcher on the last line is not necessary as the main script is areca.sh located one directory above.
    I made some changes in the sub-routine check_version to get a correct JAVA_IMPL variable.

Regards.

Xuo.