Menu

Help with it

Alferciu
2016-09-29
2016-11-07
  • Alferciu

Alferciu - 2016-09-29

Hi! First of all thank you for bringing us this library, and I have some doubts and problem that i would like you to help me.

Using the latest version, with the example called: "apdu_t0_communication", I cant get anything else but this:

Waiting for Smartcard
    Smartcard found
    Received ATR ...
    00|3B 79 94 00 00 F7 04 01 01 03 80 01 02 A9       ';y..............'
    SELECT FILE Command ...
    Received ... 6A82

The card It's a sle4432 I guess, from the coffee machine, also i think it hasn't any protection (0xFFF...)

I want to understand the protocol and be able to know what it's inside the card, for later creating my own projects.

Thank you :)

• angus71

angus71 - 2016-09-30

Hi Alvaro,

If your assuption is correct and your card is a "SLE4432" the it's clear that your are not able to "get" any thing up and running, because this card supports the "ATR" process, but not the the "async" T(0) or T(1) communication.

You should start your tests with the "SL4442_Support" Example, which normally should fit your needs. (Besides the name "SL4442"), it also should support any SLE44x2 compatible cards, which your SLE4432 is.

If you need any addtional information about your card, google can support you ... You should get decent informations if your are checking for "SLE4432 infineon" or check any big reseller.

I always try to get the datasheet from the producer (In this case Infineon or siemens) or any "big", "wellknown" reseller, as you may get "problematic" datasheets from other sources.

Let me know if the "SL4442_Support.ino" helps you.

With kind regards

Angus

• Alferciu

Alferciu - 2016-10-21

Hi angus71,

I can't even get anything, I have tried all the examples, changed defs in SL44x2.h (selecting card type)... and always get the same

SL4432

Waiting for Smartcard
      Protection Bits : 0xFFFFFFFF

Or trying with SL4442

Waiting for Smartcard
      Protection Bits : 0xFFFFFFFF
      Security Memory : 0xFFFFFFFF
      Failed authentications : 0

And... nothing.

Checked wiring, tried with another arduinos, and everythings works well. But I can't get anything.

What am I doing wrong?

• angus71

angus71 - 2016-11-05

Hi Alvaro,

The ATR you provided was received from one of your cards?

If this is true, we can assume that the general setup works and the values look valid (I will check the actual meaning of the received data and get back to you about that).

Also a wiring / voltage problem can be excluded, as the ATR is received, so communication it self is working.

Have you extended the SL4442_Support.ino example to do additional steps?

With kind regards

Angus71

• Alferciu

Alferciu - 2016-11-07

Hello Angus71, yes, the ATR is from one of my card, the point is that's all I can receive from card, I don't read anything else (readMainMemory, dumpHEX functions report nothing).

I checked wiring and its ok, also tried with additional steps and nothing.

I hope it to be my fail, but if not, I'm glad to help you to improve your library and make it as better as possible.

Thank you!

Last edit: Alferciu 2016-11-07