Menu

Understand the listener.pl - System

2011-08-06
2012-12-07
  • Samuel Suther

Samuel Suther - 2011-08-06

I don't understand the part of the listener.pl.
    If i look into (i'm not a pearl-programmer), i see only sending some commands like "konference stop sounds… and so on".

What exactly is the part of the listener.pl, and how did this work.

I only need a listener-Script for DTMF-Signal, for nothing else.
    How can i implement this in php?

Would be great, if someone could explain (in pseudocode) what exactly the working of listener.pl…

Like:
    First establish a Socket-Connection,,, then get xy over socket … and so on.

• Samuel Suther

Samuel Suther - 2011-10-09

Noone can help???

• Clint Davis

Clint Davis - 2011-10-10

Sorry, I had this on my list to-do but don't know what happened.

I am not going to give you the whole code rundown as if you already know PHP the perl code is very close in its syntax.
    Perl is can exist in a listener state looping through code and taking action when the port reads out more data and is very stable in doing so.
    For PHP to do this you have to create a for loop and in my experience its not designed to be used this way.
    I recommend doing some basic videos of perl from youtube.

It connects to the asterisk manager interface.
    It monitors the commands being sent out from the interface and executes logic and sends commands back through the interface.

This allows for the admin to easily change how this functionality works and expand on the logic.
    EG: What does * do, what does 1 do, What do to when a manager arrives in the conference.

It is the component that connects to the database as app_konference only manages the bridge audio.