Menu

3.2.0 swaps window views each time

Help
pencilart
2023-01-13
2023-01-13
  • pencilart

pencilart - 2023-01-13

Every time I start AOI now, it swaps window views, it does not seem to remember which window has which view from before.
    Some good news: it now remembers that I wanted the grids for each new project.

• Pete

Pete - 2023-01-13

Every time I start AOI now, it swaps window views

You may have the "Mechanisto Layout" start-up script installed? (in your Scripts/Tools) That changed the view arrangement. The plan was to make the layout similar to a program named Mechanisto but that program has not existed in a very long time any more. Just get rid of the script. :)

The thing on the right is the "Selections" plugin. You can build sets of the objects on your scene and then select the entire set on that list to be hidden or shown or moved... Helps with crowded scenes.

You can grab it by mouse on the header, where it says "Selections" and drag & park it for example under the Properties pane, or if you don't need it, just remove the plugin.

It is the the "TroyTools" plugin that sets the grids visible. There seem to be some interactions between plugins that in your case now the grids stay all visible. When I installed it, to test, it does what it dis to you: From left low and right up the grid disappear. The problem seems to be that in those cases the AoI defaults are applied only after the plugin set the grids on. -- And that again is an unintentional side effect of animated view moves.... The animation engine moves the two unfortunate views to their start positions only after they are created. Sadly the plugin does its work before this and the setting is lost in the process... The grid is supposed to be hidden during the animation but it should be returned after the animation is finished... This may be a timing issue at startup or just something that I forgot...

And the Troytools is a pretty old plugin too... Troy actually meant to replace it by "DailyHelpers", which he published on FriendlySkies at the time, but somehow it never went any further. We have the code available though... It would have some user setting, so you could set it up the way you like.

Attached, what my AoI looks like now (with TroyTools and Selections).

Last edit: Pete 2023-01-13
  • pencilart

pencilart - 2023-01-13

Ok, your screenshot is how AOI looked for me before the MechanistoLayout was installed. I guess I'll have to live with the weirdness until you can get those problems fixed.
    Thanks for the info on the Selections plugin. 👍🙂