Menu

Windows 10 32-bit and Windows 10 64-bit

Help
2020-02-02
2020-02-03
  • Giovanni Di Maria

Hi.
    With a Windows 10 32-bit, "Art of Illusion" works very fine. It's fantastic.
    But with a computer with Windows 10 64 bit, it does not work.
    The message is "TEMP folder not found".
    What is the problem?
    Thank you very much
    Giovanni

• Luke S

Luke S - 2020-02-02

Thanks for reporting!

Are you getting this error on launch, when trying to install, or at another time?
    Have you installed any plugins that are not included in the core installation?

On the windows side: Does the 64-bit system have any startup scripts/group policy/configuration customizations that would remove or suppress the standard %temp% folder location? (Typically C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp)

• Giovanni Di Maria

Hi.
    Thank you.
    The problem was at the execution.
    But now i have resolved.....
    During the installation i have unchecked "Jogamp JOGL 2.3.2" and now it works.
    Thank you
    Giovanni

• Luke S

Luke S - 2020-02-03

That... is a totaly unexpected error for issues with JOGL... I suspect that you are just masking the issue.

Can I ask what version of Java you are using?

• Pete

Pete - 2020-02-03

Hi!

Leaving JOGL unistalled is not a solution to the problem, but it may be a way around a problem.

Without JOGL you won't have graphics acceleration available. (In Preferences the "Use OpenGL" option will be grayed out.) At first you might not see much difference but for example if you use reference images, moving and rotating views starts to become slow.

And of course if you have an issue, chances are that someone else has that too, so we should find out what is going on.... :)

• Giovanni Di Maria

Later i will send you the LOG file and the version of Java (i have downloaded it just yesterday).
    Thank you very much.
    Giovanni

• Giovanni Di Maria

Hi
    The version JAVA is:

C:\Users\hp>java -version
    java version "1.8.0_241"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.241-b07, mixed mode, sharing)

In attachment the LOG file.
    The program starts but instantly close

Thank you very much.
    Regards
    Giovanni

• Pete

Pete - 2020-02-03

I think, we know this one.

Try replacing your ArtOfIllusion.jar with the one attached to this post: https://sourceforge.net/p/aoi/discussion/47783/thread/0267716df5/?page=1&limit=25#445c

I don't remember if there was an error message the last time. As I recall, to me Java just crashed.
    The problem is somewhere between JOGL and NVIDIA, not in AoI code. A fix that can get around the problem has been merged to AoI code in GitHub but a version with the fix has not been published yet.

Last edit: Pete 2020-02-03
  • Giovanni Di Maria

Ok.
    It works very very fine!!!!
    Thank you VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Giovanni