Menu

User manual in French

2018-01-12
2018-04-17
  • Jean-Paul CANTE

Jean-Paul CANTE - 2018-01-12

Hi
    I'm not a programmer, only a user.
    My contribution would be the following: I updated the Art Of Illusion manual in French for version 3.0.3. Everything is in French, texts, illustrations legends, screenshots of the AOI software windows.
    I also added some chapters for a better understanding.
    Is it possible to propose this manual on the AOI website in the “Documentation - Manual” section for all French speaking people? Or is there a more appropriate place?

• Nik Trevallyn-Jones

Firstly - great work!
    Thank You!

Secondly, I would need to refresh my memory on this, but I believe that in addition to any links that may be put on the website - the AOI Help system, which is generally language sensitive, could load and present the French version of the manual to a French user.

As I said, I need to refresh my memory on that - it has been a long time since I prepared any new text for the Help system.

Kind Regards,
    Nik

• Jean-Paul CANTE

Jean-Paul CANTE - 2018-01-13

Hi Nik
    Thank you for this information.
    This is my first post on the forum, so I will review your proposal to see what can be done on the Help forum.
    Kind Regards,
    Jean-Paul

• Luke S

Luke S - 2018-01-15

Hey, Thanks for the offer!

We would be glad to accept improved documentation. Regarding getting stuff added to the website, we will need to wait for Peter to chime in, as he has the keys. (We're also working of rebuilding the website - slowly- In a github repository )

You said:

I also added some chapters for a better understanding.

I'd love to see what you added, this may perhaps give us some hints as to areas where the english documentation can be improved.

• Jean-Paul CANTE

Jean-Paul CANTE - 2018-01-15

Hi Luke
    In response to your post, here are two attached files.

The first (Reply to Luke.docx) list what I added in the manual in French and comments on new website.
    The second (Manuel 3.0.3_FR.zip) is the manual in French to allow you to examine if it can be made available to French users.

Kind Regards,
    Jean-Paul

• Luke S

Luke S - 2018-04-16

Jean-Paul, can I ask for clarification: Is your uploaded version simply a translation of the existing manual (outside of the additions that you noted) or is it actually re-written/rephrased?