AmpJuke 0.8.8 is available for download.
The two most important changes are related to two of the API’s AmpJuke uses (heavily):
Last.fm decided sometime in the past to modify the way images from performers/artists are retrived using their API.
The Echonest introduced four new parameters in their “fingerprinting” of music tracks. I somehow missed that announcement - or The Echonest simply didn’t inform (enough) about it…... read more
This release contains some exciting new functionality as well as the usual bunch of small improvements here&there.
A brief introduction to the most important things in AmpJuke 0.8.6:
-- AmpJuke as an online jukebox.
Up until this release, AmpJuke acted (more or less) as a personal streaming service, making it possible for each individual user to listen to whatever he/she prefers to listen to - individually.... read more
This release of AmpJuke mainly covers some of the suggestions for improvements and/or new functionality found in the forum.
- New feature: Self registration (finally).
Yes - It's been on the to-do list for quite a while...
- New feature: IE9 jumplists.
Frankly, I'm quite impressed with the Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 9 beta combination.
So I punched in a few lines of code that takes advantage of pinning a site - in this case AmpJuke, naturally - to the taskbar in Win 7.... read more
For starters, the project turned the 5-year mark a couple of weeks ago. Happy Birthday, AmpJuke!
The changelog says that there have been corrected 4 errors, implemented 3 new types of functionality, introduced 2 new themes as well as added 2 new sets of icons.
More here: http://www.ampjuke.org
Here's a short description of new stuff in AmpJuke version 0.8.2:
Favorite list suggestion:
When adding something to a favorite list, a setting can suggest appropriate favorite list names to add the item (track, performer and/or album) to.
The suggestions are pulled from the last.fm API.
Automatically add to favoritelist:
Besides suggestions as mentioned above, you can enable a personal setting, tune in to your AmpJuke box, and watch the contents of your personal favorite online playlists grow. Automatically!... read more
AmpJuke...and YOUR hits keep on coming!
A new release (0.7.9) is available for the AmpJuke streaming server.
This release is about:
- Upload performer picture.
- Edit album/performer biographies.
- Browse by cover/picture.
Please visit: http://www.ampjuke.org for more details.
- Advanced search introduced.
Besides using the simple search, it's also possible to do a more advanced search based on several parameters.
- Reflection on album image.
When displaying an album, a reflection of the album's image can be shown. This is a site-wide setting that must be enabled before reflections are shown.
- More information about related performers.
Plus more. Please see http://www.ampjuke.org
One new feature as well as come improvements in the release of AmpJuke, as follows:
- New feature: Retrieve, store and display biographies for performers and albums.
- Hungarian language updated.
- Improvement: If enabled, lyrics can now be obtained from a configurable source.
- Improvement: Larger images (related performers).
- Improvement: Expand/collapse sections for individual performers.
- Improvement: Banning of IP-addresses.... read more
- Error correction: Personal settings wasn't saved.
Unfortunately, a "leftover" from an earlier release.
- Fixed a security issue in relation to displaying a specific performer.
- Romanian language introduced.
- Improved installation procedure.
- Some "under the hood" modifications.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ampjuke.org
- The Scan+import routine has been re-programmed.
The new scan+import offers a lot of parameters in order to let you tweak how to scan+import, handle missing tags, re-process files already in the database and much more.
- Fixed a couple of security issues in relation to login.
Password is now hashed in the cookie, 3+ failed login attempts will ban the users IP-adress, and a small delay is introduced after a login fails. ... read more
- Passwords are now md5-hashed and stored as such in the usertable.
- The headline on each of the "boxes" on the 'welcome' page is now a link
to the corresponding section/view.
- Username and -password in the last.fm section in the personal settings
accepts more characters.
For more info., please visit: http://www.ampjuke.org
- Support for M4a, MP4.
A new setting called 'special extensions' is introduced to handle this.
Please see this FAQ-entry for details: http://www.ampjuke.org/faq.php?q_id=54
- New (cool) functionality: When moving the mouse over something that has an image available, f.ex. an album name, AmpJuke will display that image.
This is done using a simple, pure CSS popup image viewer.
This is - of course - a personal setting, so it can be turned on/off according to each user's personal preference/taste.... read more
- Submit music to last.fm (aka. "Scrobbling").
AmpJuke can be configured to submit music to last.fm that each user listen to. After streaming it will show up on the recently-played list and update last.fm's listening statistics.
- Show what's up next.
When displaying what's being played currently, AmpJuke also displays the name of the _next_ track to be streamed (or just "Random play" of you're at the end of the playlist).... read more
- "Cutoff" date introduced.
A new option is available when setting up scan+import of (new) music: "Cutoff" date.
- New functionality: Stream music based on related performers.
- XSS-vulnerability fixed.
For more details, please visit the project's homepage:
- Realtime (on the fly) transcoding (downsampling) introduced.
A new personal setting means you can combine themes with icons.
- Hungarian language updated.
- Estonian language updated.
- Refreshing related performers from last.fm happens automatically.
A few more updates exists - for details please visit http://www.ampjuke.org
This release is about the following:
- New feature: Prefix table names.
During installation it's possible to specify a prefix for all table names.
This is especially useful if you use a server that only allows each account access to one MySQL database (some ISP's do that for some reason).
- New feature: Refresh related performers.
Added an option (for users with administrator access) to refresh/update related performer(s) from last.fm, when displaying a given performer/group.... read more
- Cleaned up + improved the entire streaming process.
- Improved the code that retrieves album covers using the Amazon web service.
- Hungarian language updated.
- Corrected an error in relation to replacing an
- New personal setting: Avoid duplicate entries.
For more information, please visit the AmpJuke homepage: http://www.ampjuke.org
- Corrected an annoying (but important) detail:
- Corrected an error that appeared during upgrade.
- Spanish translation updated.
- Covers for albums are now stored using "album_id.jpg".
- "Help" links points to the AmpJuke FAQ.
For a complete list, please visit the AmpJuke homepage: http://www.ampjuke.org
- Change the contents on the 'welcome' page.
The contents are now considered to be a personal setting that each user can set to his/her own taste and preference.
- Remember login+password.
Just like f.ex. Google and Yahoo!, you can check a "remember me..." on the login-page.
- Scan+import: Deletion of "dead" records in the database will from now on happen BEFORE new music is discovered and added to the database.... read more
This version covers:
- Display related performers.
- Getting/displaying covers is now done using Amazon's upgraded/new webservice (they refer to it as "ECS4").
- Upload feature introduced.
- New themes.
- Improved installation-routine.
For a complete list (and latest version), please visit the project's homepage:
This release of AmpJuke covers the following:
- A beefed-up scan-routine. Scan+import music is easier now.
New music is discovered automatically.
- Added an option to 'clean-up' in the database during scan+import.
If selected, the "dead" records (a record that points to a file on the
filesystem that's no longer there is "dead") will be deleted from the database.
- Improved download functionality.
When downloading more than one track (f.ex. an album), all tracks are
compressed into one file, which is sent for download afterwards.
I know compression doesn't make much sense in relation to stuff that's
already compressed (which is the case with the mp3 music format), but
hey: at least you're no longer prompted several times when downloading
more than one track...... read more
This version of AmpJuke contains new functionality, as well as some contributions.
- New personal setting: you can pick the name of the favoritelist each time, before actually appending something (tracks, albums, performers, years). For more information, please see the FAQ-entry that explains this in more detail.
- Hungarian language updated.
(As always) Thanks to Rezso (www.rezso.net) for doing this.... read more
This version addresses new and improved functionality in the random selection of songs.
For more information, please check out the FAQ (http://www.ampjuke.org/faq.php).
Besides the improved functionality, a small error in relation to updating 'last played' has been corrected.
Always remember to check for newest version of AmpJuke at: http://www.ampjuke.org
This version of AmpJuke addresses the following:
- Error correction: When using AmpJuke in 'jukebox mode' against a specific favorite list, the list wasn't used.
- Modification: The stream method has changed slightly.
- New feature: Get external, extended information about a given performer/group.
- Update: Portuguese language 100% up-to-date.
Please remember to check in on http://www.ampjuke.org for latest/newest release.
Just released AmpJuke version 0.5.0.
Happy New Year to everyone using/downloading Ampjuke !
Please check in on http://www.ampjuke.org for most frequent update.