Menu

Adkiller (Kills Folders!)

Help
Anonymous
2003-07-25
2004-03-06
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-07-25

I recently installed Adkiller 3.0.15 and found that it was 'shooting down' my own folders on my hard drive!  I uninstalled it and re-installed it but it was just the same.  In order to open some of my own folders, I have to disable Adkiller first!  Anybody having the same problems?  I am using Windows 98.

• Sebastien Buysse

Never heard of such a problem sorry, try to disable the agressive mode to see if it helps.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-07-29

Hi Clark here

Ive been using this program for a while, works well. I also found that it will kill ANY window that is added KILL LIST (my name for it). Just be careful of the windows that you add to the list of windows to block.

Although I just upgraded from ver 1.3 today, maybe Ill experience the same issues you are having, will see.

Hey where can I get the source code for this program ??

Later
      Clark

• Sebastien Buysse

just here, follow instructions to download sources from CVS

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-01-28

Adkiller works perfectly. There is a little "bug" in Microsoft's Explorer.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-03-06

....The bug is the following:

You can change the mode from Explorer to IExplorer by entering an url into the adress-bar.

But if you chnage the mode from IExplorer to Explorer, the IE-class doesn't change to Explorer.

And because Akiller searches for IE-classes it finds also these Explorer-windows.

Me and my friends, we are searching for a solution. As soon as we have found one, I will publish it here for you :)