Menu

OSX

2002-04-28
2003-12-09
  • Tom Brammar

Tom Brammar - 2002-04-28

Any one got any idea if this could possibly be either run on OSX BSD as is or could be ported?

Cheers for any help

T

• snacks snax

snacks snax - 2002-04-28

I have no mac or bsd equipment to play with.  THe next version of airsnort will be based on pcap and may be more portable.  I am not sure if the fact that it uses gtk will be a problem or not.

Snax

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-05-01

In my experience, MacOS X supports both pcap and gtk.  With the availability of Xwindows under OS X, airsnort should work with very little difficulty.  Nessus and nmapfe work fine under OS X currently.

• Stephan Budach

Stephan Budach - 2002-06-03

Has anyone a little list of things that need to be installed, if I wanted to try to compile airsnort on OSX?

I have already XDarwin installed, as I am testing OpenOffice also. pcap isnt a problem either. The only thing I dont know anything about is gtk...

• Paul Bayley

Paul Bayley - 2002-11-19

I posted a feature request regarding an OS X port. If you're planning to do so it would help to announce it there instead of this forum.

• Matthew Dickinson

As I understand, the OSX port will depend on the creation of a driver for Airport which supports monitor mode.  I feel like this might be an enormous task to undertake, but as a student with lots of time on my hands, I would like some good references for writing device drivers.  I have a Panther w/ X11 iBook and a RedHat 8.0 Desktop if that is important.