Menu

Framebuffer Aspect Ratio Stretched On Exit

2018-04-23
2021-05-31
  • mediamoshpit

mediamoshpit - 2018-04-23

I've notice an issue where the framefuffer aspect ratio is left stretched on the Raspberry Pi. Once AdvanceMAME has been launched and exited, any emulator that is launched afterwards will have it's own aspect ratio stretched to each side of a 16x9 display, requiring a reboot to fix the issue. I've looked into it as best I can and thought it may have something to do with sdtv_aspect being set to '1', or 4x3. From what I've read, this is necessary for AdvanceMAME to display a proper aspect ratio, but could it be that it's also interferring with the state of other emulators?

• StormedBubbles

StormedBubbles - 2021-05-31

Hello,

I am still having this issue with Advmame 3.9 on a Raspberrry Pi 3B running RetroPie 4.7.1. It only happens to me in non-LibRetro emulators. The issue happens exactly as described above and can be observed as follows:

• Launch something with a 4:3 aspect ratio using a non-LibRetro emulator (such as DOSBox): WORKS
    • Launch something with a 4:3 aspect ratio using advmame: WORKS
    • Launch something with a 4:3 aspect ratio using a non-LibRetro emulator AFTER EXITING advmame: IMAGE IS STRETCHED

I need to completely reboot the Pi to get the aspect ratio to be restored. Is there anything in the settings that would eliminate this issue?