Using Adminer offline

Help
Hibou57
2013-03-07
2013-06-06
  • Hibou57

Hibou57 - 2013-03-07

Hi,

I can't figure why I can't use Adminer offline for localhost. It works when it has access to the web, and fails to connect as root when it does not have access to the web (using local host as a proxy).

Does Adminer sends/receive data over the web when I connect as root? Otherwise, why does it work when it has access to the web and does not work otherwise?

If I connect (with not access to the web) using another login instead of root, I can connect, but don't have access to the existing data base.

What surprise me, is that it seems to requires an access to the web to connect to a database as root.

• Jakub Vrána

Jakub Vrána - 2013-03-27

Adminer checks for a new version once a week. Compiled version downloads JavaScript syntax highlighter. There's no special behavior involving 'root'.

• Hibou57

Hibou57 - 2013-05-22

That's not just that and the same with Adminer installed from source.

I added `jush.js` and `jush.css` in `<dir>/external/jush` then commented out the content of `function verifyVersion()` in `<dir>/adminer/static/functions.js` (otherwise it tries to fetch a `version.php` from the web) and it's still the same, except now it complains sessions are disable. I've checked it does not complain any‑more when it has web access.

For people with safety matters in mind, Adminer should be able to work off‑line without access to the web. I (and probably others) don't want to always have to check what a local application sends and receive from the web, and for that reason, that would make it clearer if it could really work off‑line.

• Jakub Vrána

Jakub Vrána - 2013-05-23

There's a plugin version-noverify disabling verifying version. You can create a similar plugin or extend this one to disable JUSH by adding this JS line:

jushRoot = '';

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks