Menu

MD5SUMS for cxacru-fw.bin

2005-08-28
2013-04-01
  • Giles Bathgate

Giles Bathgate - 2005-08-28

Hi.

I thought it would be really neat if someone posted version numbers of  CnxEtU.sys and coresponding MD5SUMS

and also the MD5SUMS of the cxacru-fw.bin that has been extracted, this way it can be confirmed that the process was successful

I am having a problem with the driver not being able to find my firmware, even though it is located in /lib/firmware and the /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent points to this location.

the exact message is

firmware unavailable (hotplug configuration problem?)

• Giles Bathgate

Giles Bathgate - 2005-08-28

I have now managed to get the driver to find the firmware, this only seemed to occour after I had booted into windows, and the red light on the modem was still on. when I rebooted into linux.

I was getting messages like:

cxacru 1-1:1.0: poll status: error -5

So I unplugged the modem and re-plugged it in.

The last message I now get in dmesg is
      found firmware cxacru-fw.bin

and then:

FirmwarePllClkValue failed -71

• Giles Bathgate

Giles Bathgate - 2005-08-30

The modem now works, I upgraded CnxEtU.sys in Windows to the same version that I used to create cxacru-fw.bin, Now If I reebot to Linux the firmware stays loaded, so the Driver does not need to upload the firmare. If I unplug the modem and re-plug it in I get the error as before (FirmwarePllClkValue failed -71)

I thought maybe the extraction process had failed and my cxacru-fw.bin may be corrupt. This is why I think it would be really good if MD5SUMS were available.

These are some I have done as a starter.

CnxEtU.sys

Version       MD5SUM
      32.99.84.0   28775c3f6df8c1f364f67d7121191000
      32.99.32.0   f26ef3a84224c10a68d8a6e4f2b46426