Menu

Bug in DAL acas016, 19,22,26 & 29

Bugs found
2023-02-18
2023-02-19
  • Vincent (Bryan) Coen

Significant bug found in these DAL's that are used for processing files :
    This relates to users using the Cobol file system as against the RDB tables system for data storage.

S/L: Invoice, otm3, P/L: Ledger, Invoice & otm5:
    acas016, 019 , 022, 026 & 029.

otm3 and otm5 are the open item files that hold outstanding invoice not yet paid.
    Invoice are invoices awaiting posting to the otm 3 & 5 files.

This bug does not affect users using RDB tables.

The nightly ACAS archive will be updated as of midnight, 18 February (GMT).
    The code database on sourceforge has NOT been updated at this time but the current nightly-build file has been.

All effected users are recommended to update - STOP any running ACAS systems, and recompile the modules in the common directory using supplied scripts common/comp-common.sh and then run install-ACAS-preinstalled.sh (in the top directory) to update their executable bin directory.

You can then start using any system you were running.

I do not know if this bug would affect any users, but if any errors were detected during the open file process then the behaviour is or could be undefined - OK will possibly cause invalid results based on my testing and no, I have no idea why this bug went unnoticed but possibly from a recent update to the code base.

Last edit: Vincent (Bryan) Coen 2023-03-03
  • Vincent (Bryan) Coen

I have updated the acas-nightly.rar file as of 00:01 which is in the Files section.
    I have not updated the code base and some more changes are being added over the next month or two to support file names replacing Cups spool file name in the ACAS system parameter file and these will need to be preceded by "FILE:" note upper case and do not include the quotes :)

This code is still being added and will take - well, as long as it takes, sorry can't be more specific.

This code change is to possibly help with testing and generating Invoices, Picking (Packing) sheets without printing them - Issue found after switching printers from a HP8600 to a HP 7305 InkTank (and no I do not recommend one).

Last edit: Vincent (Bryan) Coen 2023-03-03
  • Vincent (Bryan) Coen

These changes for the FILE: settings is for testing so that I will not get printed invoices etc.
    sl930, 950 has been modified - at least after completion, to get rid of the bug noticed here where each text line is followed by a blank line for invoices and picking sheets.
    Noticed after I changed printers from HP 8600 series to a 7305 inktank.

This was due to the printhead failing, and I cannot find one that is a sensible price.